Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Award and Certificate
Level 1/2 Award and Certificate in Retail Business Examiners' Report Summer 2017Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2017 Principal Examiners' reports provide feedback on this Summer's examination series. The reports include helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next examination series.
The Level 1 / 2 Award in Retail Business (QAN - 600/8330/X) and the Level 1 / 2 Certificate in Retail Business (QAN - 601/3215/2) introduce learners to one of the most important employment sectors in the UK, exploring various aspects of retail business and investigating a range of retailers from large chains and department stores through to independent and virtual stores.
Statements of Purpose
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Structure of Qualification
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Award Specification
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Certificate Specification
- Specimen Assessment Materials
- Model Assignments (summative assessment briefs)- available to download from the secure website. Please go to Resources PDF Download > Controlled Assessment Materials.
- NEW! Unit 1, Unit 3, Unit 5 and Unit 6 model assignments have been amended for assessment from 2016. The model assignments are available to download from the secure website and contain additional learner guidance and expanded assessor guidance.
- Frequently asked questions - Wales
- Frequently asked questions - England
- Grade boundary information
The external assessment for unit 4 (Promotion for Retail Business) is now available to download on the secure site in the Question Paper download section.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD material from previous events is now available to download from the secure website. Please go to Resources PDF Download > CPD Materials > Level 1 & 2 Retail Business
Join Our Team: Become an Examiner or Moderator
We are currently recruiting examiners and moderators for GCSE, AS/A level and/or Level 1/Level 2 qualifications for next summer's examination series. If you have at least two years teaching experience and would like to apply, please create an account to complete the online application process.
For more information on becoming an examiner, including vacancies and benefits,please visit our appointees page.
In addition to resources already recommended in the Teachers' Guides
- John Lewis Retail Report 2015 http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/content/JohnLewis/jl_retail_report_2015_151015pdf
Various TV shows
Robert Preston Goes shopping (BBC) 2015
Mary Portas Secret Shopper (C4) 2015 and 2011
Mary Portas Queen of the High Street (C4)2013
Mary, Queen of shops BBC 2007-2010
Pound Shop Wars (BBC) 2015
Greggs: More than Meats the Pie(SKY) 2013-2015
Amazon's Retail Revolution (BBC) 2013
For further information, please contact:
Stephen Oliver - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5038
Clare Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5059